Of these, the blog talking about the interesting benefits of remote work is definitely worth taking a look at. The next time someone’s misgivings around remote work is within earshot, be sure to recommend them this blog! Besides this, there are tips for managers to keep remote teams engaged and why culture matters.
- It is also helpful to provide team members with clear instructions on how to use the technology and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- The closer to the center circle (the sun) the more you agree with the statement.
- This includes setting a time for the virtual lunch, specifying the activities that will take place, and outlining the expected level of participation that particular day.
- Learn strategies, leadership tips, and more for a thriving workplace.
- Lunch and learns are a great way to impart new knowledge, encourage peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, and engage employees.
Despite the benefits of remote work (e.g., higher productivity, greater job satisfaction, and reduced employee turnover), it can be difficult to build relationships from afar. There is no watercooler to gather around, and you can’t strike up a spontaneous conversation at your co-workers’ desks. You can find the best remote work blogs on Reddit, Hub pages, and Feed spot.
Enhancing Collaboration And Communication
Use the agenda to organize the flow of the virtual lunch and stay on track with time. To some degree, setting up a virtual lunch is as effortless as choosing a collaborative messaging or video conferencing platform and sending out invitations. However, a virtual lunch meeting is far more enjoyable if you choose an entertaining topic or a fun virtual team-building activity. Otherwise, you or whomever you appoint to lead the virtual lunch have to become the catalyst for constant conversation. Virtual lunches are a great way to connect with colleagues or friends while working remotely.
While learning is the main focus of these sessions, there’s no reason the lunch aspect should be any less engaging or enjoyable. With the option of ordering food online, team members can indulge in stress-free cooking. Options range from hiring an expert bird handler to talk about owls or listening to a neuroscientist explain having a stroke. With hybrid work coming into the forefront, virtual lunches may seem a little too routine – even if you’re all ordering the same type of takeout or making and sharing your favorite sandwiches. Here, we’ll explore innovative and exciting virtual lunch ideas that inspire and engage employees to power through the rest of their day. Virtual lunches can also help improve collaboration and communication among remote team members.
Ask Employees What They’re Interested in Learning
Taking care of your physical and mental health is important, especially during stressful times. A virtual wellness or exercise session during lunch is an awesome way for remote teams to prioritize self-care and bond over healthy habits. This can include activities like yoga, meditation, or a virtual fitness class. Team members can encourage and motivate each other to make healthy choices (don’t be pushy though!), which can have a positive impact on their work and overall well-being.
However, to achieve this goal, it is important to encourage participation and engagement among team members. To do this, try to assign tasks or activities to each member of the team to ensure that everyone has a chance to participate. Also, remote work blog encourage open communication and create opportunities for team members to share their thoughts and ideas. You can even do this through online polls or breakout rooms where team members can discuss activities that they want to take part in.
InVision Blog » Remote Work
They’re invested in their jobs and will be a great cultural addition to your organization. You can listen to reasons that you might not have thought of before, as well as seeing if their points make sense. If they can’t give a detailed list of what would make them successful, they should go back to the drawing board on why they want to work remotely. They’ll have to provide specific reasons as to why they believe they’d do well as a remote worker. Their answers will let you tell if they’ve already thought about how they’d be successful, without relating their answers specifically to the subject of the question. Save time and find higher-quality jobs than on other sites, guaranteed.
- Remote work continues to play a pivotal part in shaping the future of the workplace for the foreseeable future.
- As a resource center dedicated to the freelancing, temping and casual earning network, the write life features blogs on staying disciplined and aware of deadlines.
- We recommend putting some measures in place to create space for mental wellbeing.
- Although this remote virtual lunch idea may take around 1 hour to 90 minutes to complete, a virtual escape room is a wonderful collaborative exercise to improve communication and teamwork.
While ask me anything is a popular internet game, it can also become a popular lunchtime game. Here, participants ask others questions, and other participants must piggyback from the preceding question to ask another coworker something adjacent. You can use an anonymous question-asking tool if it makes everyone feel more comfortable, but ultimately, this game is light-hearted, so you shouldn’t be afraid to speak up. Virtual lunches aren’t meant to be taken too seriously, even if you have an agenda. And sometimes, when you get to act out or hyperbolize some of your stresses about fake meetings, you might find a catharsis that allows you to manage frustrations better during real meetings.
Second, empathetically communicate with team members in a two-way direction, meaning don’t just broadcast, and don’t just talk to small groups to engage and solicit feedback. In a remote work environment, engaging with a broader group helps get more input and support from across the company or teams for any program or initiative. And it’s important to follow up and act on feedback in order to solidify trust and great teamwork. The tech industry was among the first to embrace the switch to remote working–even before COVID-19. More and more companies are extending remote work guidance until the beginning of 2021 and some companies have moved to a work from home program permanently. Turning your virtual lunch into a pizza party can really take the energy and enthusiasm up a notch.
- If some people don’t have pets, they can share a picture of a pet they used to have or what their dream pet would be.
- Tucking into this fresh crunchy rainbow salad will no doubt fill work colleagues with envy.
- With team members working across locations and time zones, virtual team lunches can bring everyone together and build connection.
- You might also learn something about their heritage or family tree.
- If this sounds like a headache to you, let us organize your pizza lunch for you.